Presentations & Publications
Articles in professional peer-reviewed journals
- Laker SR, Greiss C, Finoff JT, Singh JR. Football Participation and Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy. PM R. 2018 Jun;10(6):655-660. PMID: 29908611
- Malanga GA, Dona S, Borg-Stein J, Auriemma M, Singh JR. Refractory Knee Osteoarthritis: Adipose-Derived Stromal Cells versus Bone Marrow Aspiration Concentrate. PM R. 2018 May;10(5):524-532. PMID: 29776486
- Davis I, Powers C, Tenforde A, Singh JR. A Tale of Two Treatment for Patellofemoral Pain. PM R. 2017 Dec;9(12):1283-1289. PMID 29274679
- Chazen JL, Leeman K, Singh JR, Schweitzer A. Percutaneous CT-guided Facet Joint Synovial Cyst Rupture: Success with Refractory Cases and Technical Considerations. Clin Imaging. 2017 Oct 25;49-7-11. PMID 29120814
- Rispoli J, Piesco JT, Singh JR. Unusual Location of Intramuscular Lipoma Presenting As An Extensor Tendon Tear: A Diagnostic Dilemma. Am. J Phys Med Rehab. 2017 Feb 3. PMID 28157132
- Mehta P, Syrop I, Singh JR, Kirschner J. Systematic Review of the Efficacy of Particulate vs Non particulate Corticosteroids in Epidural Injections. PM&R. 2016 Nov 30. pii: S1934-1482(16)31195-9. PMID 27915069.
- Cormier DJ, Gellhorn, AG. Singh JR. Soleus Muscle Herniation with MRI and ultrasound correlation in a female long distance runner. PM R. 2016 Nov 11. pii: S1934-1482(16)31120-0. PMID 278840296.
- Rand E, Christolias G, Visco C, Singh JR. Comparison of Spinal Needle Deflection in a Ballistic Gel Model. Anesth Pain Med. Oct 2016 30;6(5). PMID 27847693.
- Miccio VF, Navlani R, Bonder JH, Singh JR. Fluoroscopically Guided Pulsed Radiofrequency Neurotomy Technique for the Treatment of Genitofemoral Neuralgia. Pain Physician. 2016 Sep-Oct;19(7):E1099-101. PMID 27676683.
- Singh JR, Cardozo E, Christolias GC. The Clinical Efficacy for Two-Level Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection. PM R. 2016 Sep 7. pii: S1934-1482(16)30908-X. PMID 27614187.
- Nagpal A, Xu R, Pangarkar S, Dworkin I, Singh JR. Driving Under the Influence of Opioids. PM R. 2016 Jul;8(7):698-705.. PMID 27406008
- Chazen JL, Talbott J, Singh JR. Optimal Noninvasive Imaging for Suspected Zygapophysel (Facet)-Mediated Low Back Pain. PM R. 2016 Jun;8(6):586-92. PMID 27297491
- Mehta, N, Zocca, J, Shaparin, N, Snyder, M, Singh JR. Intravenous Conscious Sedation for Routine Fluoroscopically Guided Lumbar Interventions. PM R. 2016 Apr;8(4):373- 9. PMID 27068556
- Bajaj PS, Napolitano J, Wang W, Cheng J, Singh JR. Cooled Versus Conventional Thermal Radiofrequency Neurotomy for the Treatment of Lumbar Facet-Mediated Pain. PM R. 2015 Oct;7(10):1095-101. PMID 26494374.
- Scholten PM, Patel SI, Christos PJ, Singh JR. Short-Term Efficacy of Sacroiliac Joint Corticosteroid Injection Based on Arthrographic Contrast Patterns. PM R. 2015 Apr;7(4):385-91. PMID: 2542127
- Mehta P, Maher P, Singh JR. Treatment of Postherpetic Neuralgia Using a Thoracic Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection. PM R. 2015 Apr;7(4):443-6. PMID: 25479280
- Annaswamy TM, Gosai EV, Jevsevar DS, Singh JR. The Role of Intra-Articular Hyaluronic Acid in Symptomatic Osteoarthritis of the Knee. PM R. 2015 Sep;7(9):995- 1001. PMID 26388027.
- Furman, MB, Weber, NH, Cohen SP, Singh JR. Single Versus Two-Level Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection for the Treating Lumbosacral Radicular Pain. PM R. 2015 Aug;7(8):883-8. PMID 26330460.
- Wahezi SE, Lederman A, Elowitz EH, Singh JR. Conservative versus Operative Management for Lumbosacral Radiculopathy with Motor Deficit. PM R. 2015 Jul;7(7):770-6. PMID: 26188780
- Ihm J, Mautner K, Blazuk J, Singh JR. Platelet-Rich Plasma versus an Eccentric Exercise Program for Recalcitrant Lateral Elbow Tendinopathy. PM R. 2015 Jun;7(6):654-61. PMID: 26068120
- Singh JR, Yip K. Gluteus Maximus Calcific Tendonosis: A Rare Cause of Sciatic Pain. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2015 Feb;94(2):165-7. PMID: 25133622
- Mehta P, Sinha D, Smith C, Singh JR. The Role of Interlaminar and Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections for Discogenic Low Back Pain without Radiation. Phys Med Rehabil Int. 2014;1(5): 6.
- Yasar E, Singh JR, Hill J, Akuthota V (2014) Image-Guided Injections of the Hip. J Nov Physiother Phys Rehabil 1(2): 108.
- Maher P, Cardozo E, Singh JR. A Technique for Fluoroscopically Guided Injection for Iliopsoas Bursitis. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2014 Dec;93(12):1105-6. PMID: 24901763
- Khanna, M, Peters C, Singh JR. Treating Pain With the Lidocaine 5% After Total Knee Arthroplasty. PM&R. 2012;4:642-646. PMID: 22841969
- Brakke R, Singh JR, Sullivan W. Physical Therapy in Persons with Osteoarthritis. PM&R. 2012 May;4(5) Supplement:S53-S58. PMID: 22632703
- Davidovitch RI, Temkin S, Weinstein BS, Singh JR, Egol KA. Utility of pathologic evaluation following removal of explanted orthopaedic internal fixation hardware. Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis. 2010;68(1):18-21. PMID: 20345357
- Singh JR, Greenberg JS, Colavita P. Atypical Clinical Presentation of Periprosthetic Femur Fracture Following Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. Am. J. PM&R, 89(9):772- 775, September 2010. PMID: 20531152
- Singh JR, Nwosu U, Ego KA. Long-term Functional Outcome and Donor-site Morbidity associated with Autogenous Iliac Crest Bone Grafts utilizing a Modified Anterior Approach. Bulletin NYU Hosp Jt. Dis. 2009;67(4): 347-51. PMID: 20001937
- Singh JR, Segal M, Malone R, Zubair M. The Use of a Nasal Trumpet in a Traumatic Brain Injury Patient with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OsA). PM&R. 2009 Oct;1(10):977- 9. PMID: 19854428
- Greenberg, J., Singh JR, Falcon N. Evaluation and Rehabilitation of a Patient with Diabetic Lumbosacral Radiculoplexus Neuropathy. PM&R. 2009 Aug;1(8):774-7. PMID: 19695531
- Egol KA, Singh JR, Nwosu U. Functional Outcome in Patients treated for Chronic Posttraumatic Osteomyelitis. Bulletin NYU Hosp Jt. Dis. 2009;67(4): 313-7. PMID: 20001930
- Acknowledged in Minkowitz et al. Removal of Painful Orthopaedic Implants after Fracture Union. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Volume 89-A(9), 1 September 2007, p 1906–1912. PMID:17768185
- Mirchandani Anish, Singh, JR. Labral Tears. Musculoskeletal Sports and Spine Disorders. Springer International Publishing. (2017, Pages 69-73).
- Cormier DJ, Mehta, P, Aueron J, Singh, JR. Core Strengthening. The Spine Handbook. Oxford University Press. (2018, Pages 459-485).
- O’Dell, M, Lin CD, Singh, JR, Christolias, GC. The Physiatric History and Physical Examination- Chapter 1. Textbook of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, Cifu (2016, 5th Edition, Pages 3-39).
Research Publications, other/editorials
- Singh JR. Chronic Low Back Pain often Responds to Non-Invasive Treatments. Women’s Health Advisor. Volume 18 / Number 4.April 2014.
- Singh JR. Treatment Options Can Bring Relief for Chronic Lower Back Pain. Women’s Health Advisor. Volume 17 / Number 3. March 2013.
- Singh JR and Brooks, DM. Residency Selection Criteria: A Survey of Program Directors. The PM&R Resident. Feb 2012.
- Brooks, DM and Singh JR. Systems-Based Practice: The Core Competency Learned on the Job?. The PM&R Resident. Sept 2011.
- Singh JR, Roza R, Bartolozzi AR. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy in an Athlete with Adductor Longus Tendon Tear. University of Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Journal, Volume 20; May 2010.
Abstracts / Poster Presentations
- Scholten P, Patel S, Christos P, Singh JR. Efficacy of Sacroiliac Joint Corticosteroid Injection Based on Arthrographic Contrast Patterns. Published in the proceedings of the International Association for the Study of Pain- IASP. October 10, 2014, (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Singh JR, Maher P, Christolias GC. Clinical Effectiveness of Two-Level Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections: A Sub-group Analysis. Published in the proceedings of the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine, June 5, 2014 (Seoul, Korea)
- Singh JR, Smith, M, Akuthota, V. Characteristics of Corticosteroid Utilization in Spinal Interventions. Published in the proceedings of the European Congress of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, May 26, 2014 (Marseille, France)
- Singh JR, Zarka M, Falcon N. Bladder Management Strategies in a Patient with Neuromyelitis Optica. Am. J. Phys. Med. Rehabil. Volume 88, No. 3. Mar 2009. Published in the proceedings of the International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, June 14, 2009, (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Singh JR, Segal M. The Smoking Effect: Cognitive Functional Improvement with Cigarettes. Am. J. Phys. Med. Rehabil. Volume 88, No. 3. Mar 2009. Published in the proceedings of the International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, June 14, 2009, (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Sarno D, Sein M, Singh JR. The effectiveness of topical diclofenac for greater trochanteric pain syndrome: a retrospective study. Published in the proceedings of the American Pain Society (APS), May 14, 2015, (Palm Spring, CA)
- Mehta P, Sarno D, Singh JR. A Competitive Kickboxing Injury resulting in Posterior Leg Pain. Published in the proceedings of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM), April 8, 2014, (New Orleans, LA)
- Smith, M, Singh JR, Allen R, Nair K, Akuhota, V. Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Choice has Changed over the Last Decade: An Analysis of a Large Commercial Claims Database.
Published in the proceedings of the International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS), July 16, 2013, (New York City, NY)
- Smith, M, Singh JR, Akuhota, V. Characteristics of Corticosteroid Utilization with Spinal Interventions. Published in the proceedings of the Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Convention, March 7, 2013, (New Orleans, LA)
- Singh JR, Laker S, Sullivan W, Akuhota, V. The impact of MRI in Physician Decision Making Prior to Initial Spinal Injection. Published in the proceedings of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Convention, November18, 2012, (Atlanta, GA)
- Knight, E. Singh JR. et al. Effectiveness of Phyiscal Therapy as an Adjunct to Epidural Steroid Injections in the Treatment of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial. Published in the proceedings of North American Spine Society, Oct 24, 2012, (Dallas, TX)
- Stone, D., Singh JR., Brakke R.. Medial Tibial Pain in a Male Rugby Player. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Assembly, May 20, 2012, (San Francisco, CA)
- Gottwald E, Singh JR, Molter M. Double Crush Syndrome: L5 Radiculopathy on Superimposed Peroneal Neuropathy. Published in the proceedings of, April 12, 2011, (Phoenix, AX)
- Brooks DM, Lenrow DA, Singh JR, et al. Medicare Knowledge Gaps: A Tool to Assess to ACGME Core Competency of Systems-Based Practice in a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program. Published in the proceedings of Association of Academic Physiatrists, April 12, 2011, (Phoenix, AX)
- Singh JR, Charles J, Peters C, Colavita P. Pain Relief Using 5% Lidocaine Patch in Patients following Total Joint Arthroplasty. PM&R. Vol. 2, Issue 9S, S63, September 2010. Published in the proceedings of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Convention, November 5, 2010, (Seattle, WA)
- Singh JR, Roza R, Bartolozzi AR. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy in an Athlete with Adductor Longus Tendon Tear: A Case Report. PM&R. Vol. 2, Issue 9S, S88, September 2010.
Published in the proceedings of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Convention, November 5, 2010, (Seattle, WA)
- Singh JR, Sollenberger J, Greenberg J, Molter M. Complete Rupture of the Distal Iliopsoas Tendon: Clinical Implications. PM&R. Vol. 1, Issue 9S, September 2009. Published in the proceedings of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Convention, October 24, 2009, (Austin, TX)
- Villanueva J, Singh JR et al. Brown-Sequard Syndrome After Cervical Laminectomy for Cervical Myelopathy Secondary to Cervical Stenosis: A Case Report. PM&R. Vol. 1, Issue 9S, 249, September 2009. Published in the proceedings of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Convention, October 24, 2009, (Austin, TX)
- Singh JR, Greenberg J, Falcon N. Hyperbaric Oxygen as Treatment of Ischemic Cerebral Air Embolus Following Internal Carotid Artery Angioplasty and Stenting. Am. J. Phys. Med.
Rehabil. Volume 88, No. 3. Mar 2009. Published in the proceedings of Association of Academic Physiatrists, February 26, 2009, (Colorado Springs, CO)
“Genicular Neurotomy for Chronic Knee Pain”
Weill Cornell Medicine Dean’s Council
Grant Award: $100,000
“Is there a need for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) prior to initial lumbosacral spinal injection?”
University of Colorado Health and Welfare Trust
PI: V. Akuthota
Grant Award: $79,000