Benefits of a Low-Carb Diet
Low-Carb Diets Kill Your Appetite
- The studies consistently show that when people cut carbs and eat more protein and fat, they end up eating much fewer calories.
- As a result, their appetite tends to go down and they often end up eating less without trying.
Low-Carb Diets Lead to More Weight Loss
- Cutting carbs is one of the simplest and most effective ways to lose weight.
- One of the reasons for this is that low-carb diets tend to get rid of excess water from the body. Because they lower insulin levels, the kidneys start shedding excess sodium, leading to rapid weight loss in the first week or two.
Triglycerides Tend to go Down
- Low-carb diets are very effective at lowering blood triglycerides, which are fat molecules in the blood and a well known risk factor for heart disease.
Increased Levels of HDL (“good”) Cholesterol
- High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) is often called the “good” cholesterol.
- Low-carb diets tend to be high in fat, which leads to an impressive increase in blood levels of HDL, often referred to as the “good” cholesterol.
Reduced Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels, With a Major Improvement in Type 2 Diabetes
- Because high blood sugars are toxic, the body responds with a hormone called insulin, which tells the cells to bring the glucose into the cells and to start burning or storing it.
- The best way to lower blood sugar and insulin levels is to reduce carbohydrate consumption.
Decrease in Blood Pressure
- Having elevated blood pressure (hypertension) is an important risk factor for many diseases.
- Studies show that reducing carbs leads to a significant reduction in blood pressure, which should lead to a reduced risk of many common diseases.
A Low Carb Diet is one of the Most Effective Treatments for Metabolic Syndrome
t is actually a collection of symptoms:
- Abdominal obesity
- Elevated blood pressure
- Elevated fasting blood sugar levels
- High triglycerides
- Low HDL levels
The good news is… all five symptoms improve dramatically on a low-carb diet
New Treatment for Knee Arthritis
Chronic knee osteoarthritis (OA) is one of the most common diseases of advanced age. With up to 20 million adults in the US suffering from OA of the knee¹, close to 700,000 cases progress to total knee joint replacement.
Knee Radio-Frequency Ablation:
- Clinical studies of RFA addressing other sources of pain have demonstrated over 20 months of pain relief and improved physical function
- Is designed to treat complex anatomy of variable nerve courses through the creation of large Nvolume, spherical lesions
- Potentially reduces the amount of time and fluoroscopic exposure through straightforward, familiar placement techniques
Non-Surgical. Minimally-Invasive. Non-Narcotic:
Cooled RF is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive, non-narcotic solution for genicular neurotomy. Because it can be performed in an outpatient setting, patients have the potential to return to an enhanced quality of life much sooner than with surgery — and with a reduced need for narcotics.
Studies show that when Cooled RF is performed on other joints:
- Physical function is significantly improved
- Pain and disability are decreased
- Drug utilization is reduced
Please call Dr. Singh at 212-746-1500 to schedule a consultation